I'm often asked how to safely ship my burners so here's the steps I take to ship one of my Puff dragons
This is the dragon I'm shipping out
1. Tightly fill in the hollow space with paper
2. Wrap every protruding piece including the tail with small cushion bubble wrap
3. Again with small cushion bubble wrap fill in all the empty spaces. Your goal is to have one square block of bubble wrap. This may seem like over kill but remember these pieces are made from breakable clay.
4. Using large cushion bubble wrap cover him in several layers, again may seem like over kill but trust me you can never use too much bubble wrap.
5. Now that he's bubble wrapped put him in his first layer of cardboard. I use corrugated cardboard but you can use a box just make sure it's a very tight fit. If it's not use some packing peanuts to fill in the gaps
6. Put your dragon in a larger box with a layer of packing peanuts on the bottom. You want to be able to surround him with the peanuts
7. Then just start pouring in the packing peanuts, you'll be amazed at how much you have to use. When you close the box and press down on the top there shouldn't be any give. I actually had to pour in more peanuts to get it just right.
8. Almost done, before I close the box I place incense and a business card at the very top. Using clear packing tape close the box and tape over all the seams top and bottom. Write "fragile" on all the sides. And that's it he's ready to go and he'll get to his destination in one piece.